Monday 9 February 2009

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live,"

Dumbledore remains up till this day one of my favourite characters. So loony and yet so wise.
I only read this first for tradition's sake, but I have to admit, it never gets boring. Rowling is a genius, pure and simple.
Are you fond of fantasy? Magic? Or just pure, British humor? Then this is definitely a book I would recommend. Not just this one, either, but the whole series, but I'll get to that whenever I decide rereading it all, again.
J.K. Rowling cleverly weaves a plot full of clues she leaves lying around, only most of the time, you don't even know they are clues until the very end. And even then, you're still left with questions. You still want to know more. You're still curious. You reread it, and find out that you hadn't noticed something, reread it again, and there you go discovering new bits and pieces, forgotten or just unnoticed. Clever woman, that Rowling. And I don't go around calling people a genius all that easily, too. I know I'm not eleven anymore, but I would have loved a Hogwarts letter. *le pouteth*

PS: This post's different slightly from the post in my bookspot, as will all my posts be. So don't go "Oh, I've read her opinion already". I might surprise you. ;D

xxx
The Gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment